Dipartimento di Ingegneria informatica, automatica e gestionale Antonio Ruberti - DIAG
Facoltà di Ingegneria dell'Informazione, Informatica e Statistica
Sapienza Università di Roma
Via Ariosto 25, 00185 Roma, Italy
email: deluca [at] diag [dot] uniroma1 [dot] it (or a [dot] deluca [at] uniroma1 [dot] it)
room A-210, tel +39 06 77274 052, fax +39 06 77274 033
Institutional homepage at my department
Skills and expertise data base at Sapienza
ISI-WoK ResearcherID: F-3835-2011; Scopus Author ID#: 7201948195; Google Scholar: my citations
Coordinator of the European IP project
SAPHARI (FP7-ICT-2011-7, #287513)
Safe and Autonomous Physical Human-Aware Robot Interaction (2011-2015)
SAPHARI is over, but our research journey through safe pHRI goes on!
Look here for a summary of the project results
A 15-minute presentation of the project
at CogSys 2012, Vienna (February 23, 2012)
- On January 9, 2018, a surprise workshop was organized at DIAG for my (past) 60th birthday. See the program leaflet, the poster, and the nice memories at ADL Festschrift. Thanks a lot to the dear organizers, and to all my close colleagues and friends who came from everywhere!
- I have been the Program Chair of ICRA 2016, together with my colleague Antonio Bicchi. This flagship conference of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) was succesfully held in Stockholm, May 16-21, 2016. For the first time, we handled also the evaluation for possible presentation at the conference of papers submitted to the new IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters.
- I have given a keynote lecture on A control architecture for human-robot collaboration at ICRA 2015 in Seattle on May 29, 2015. It is about 30 min long (kindly introduced by my colleague and dear friend Seth Hutchinson). You can also download the presentation slides (in pdf).
- During the first semester of the academic year 2014/15, the full set of lectures of my Robotics 1 course has been video recorded, as a first experiment at the department level. The 30 video lectures are available in the Robotics 1 playlist of the Video DIAG - Sapienza YouTube channel (there is also a 3 min summary of contents). Please note that these are traditional lectures with the use of multimedia material, but not prepared on purpose for online offering (differently from MOOC courses).
- For those who often ask, the video lectures of my Robotics 2 course will not (yet) be available in 2017/18. Maybe next year I will do it...
- Download the slides of my lectures on Safe control of physical human-robot interaction, given at DIAG on June 18-19, 2014 (videos are not linked, sorry!). These lectures are part of the seminarial course on Great Ideas in ICT (2014), jointly organized by the three Sapienza PhD programs in Automatica and Operations Research, in Computer Science, and in Engineering in Computer Science.
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Master of Science in Control Engineering (Director)
- Office hours for students: see Teaching top menu