Dipartimento di Ingegneria informatica, automatica e gestionale Antonio Ruberti - DIAG
Facoltà di Ingegneria dell'Informazione, Informatica e Statistica
Sapienza Università di Roma
Via Ariosto 25, 00185 Roma, Italy
email: deluca [at] diag [dot] uniroma1 [dot] it (or a [dot] deluca [at] uniroma1 [dot] it)
room A-210, tel +39 06 77274 052, fax +39 06 77274 033
Institutional homepage at my department
ISI-WoK ResearcherID: F-3835-2011; Scopus Author ID#: 7201948195; Google Scholar: my citations
Coordinator of the European IP project
SAPHARI (FP7-ICT-2011-7, #287513)
Safe and Autonomous Physical Human-Aware Robot Interaction (2011-2015)
SAPHARI is over, but our research journey through safe pHRI goes on!
Look here for a summary of the project results
A 15-minute presentation of the project
at CogSys 2012, Vienna (February 23, 2012)
- My most recent presentations at workshops or events:
- On January 24, 2019, I have visited the IIT - Dynamic Interaction Control group in Genova and gave an invited talk on Safe control of physical human-robot interaction (pdf available, with links to videos on YouTube). I presented most of the research done on this subject by our group at DIAG in the last 10 years or so.
- Flexible joint robots: Model-based control revisited. Opening Ceremonies for the Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) at TUM. Munich, October 26, 2018.
- Experiences with a control architecture enabling safe human-robot collaboration. IROS 2018 Workshop on Robot Safety: Filling the Gap Between Technology Offer and Industry Needs for a Fully Deployable Human Robot Collaboration. Madrid, October 5, 2018.
- A review on the control of flexible joint manipulators. IROS 2018 Workshop on Soft Robotic Modeling and Control: Bringing Together Articulated Soft Robots and Soft-Bodied Robots. Madrid, October 5, 2018.
- At the end of 2017, I became a Senior Research Fellow of the Sapienza School of Advanced Studies (SSAS) in the academic class of Science and Technology. Together with my colleague Luca Scuccimarra, we are now coordinating Homo Faber: Past, Present and Future, the 2018/19 interdisciplinary course of the School. 16 lectures will be delivered by national and international experts, focusing on complementary aspects of the social and ethical impact of automation and digital tranformation on our lives, on the relation between humankind, machines and work, on how human knowledge is represented and has been transmitted from the past to the future, and on the boundaries between mind, perception and the physical world.
- On January 9, 2018, a surprise workshop was organized at DIAG for my (past) 60th birthday. See the program leaflet, the poster, and the nice memories at ADL Festschrift. Thanks a lot to the dear organizers, and to all my close colleagues and friends who came from everywhere!
- I have been the Program Chair of ICRA 2016, together with my colleague Antonio Bicchi. This flagship conference of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) was succesfully held in Stockholm, May 16-21, 2016. For the first time, we handled also the evaluation for possible presentation at the conference of papers submitted to the new IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters.
- I have given a keynote lecture on A control architecture for human-robot collaboration at ICRA 2015 in Seattle on May 29, 2015. It is about 30 min long (kindly introduced by my colleague and dear friend Seth Hutchinson, now moved to Georgia Tech and President-Elect of IEEE RAS!). You can also download the presentation slides (in pdf).
- During the first semester of the academic year 2014/15, the full set of lectures of my Robotics 1 course has been video recorded, as a first experiment at the department level. The 30 video lectures are available in the Robotics 1 playlist of the Video DIAG - Sapienza YouTube channel (there is also a 3 min summary of contents). Please note that these are traditional lectures with the use of multimedia material, but not prepared on purpose for online offering (differently from MOOC courses).
- For those who often ask, the video lectures of my Robotics 2 course are not (yet) available. Most likely, in the second semester of the academic year 2019/20...
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Master of Science in Control Engineering (Director)
- Office hours for students: see Teaching top menu